Meny Lukk

About us

Herring

Karmsund Protein AS produces both fish meal and fish oil at our brand-new production plant, which opened in February 2018.

The Stang family owns 51% of the shares in Karmsund Protein AS through their interests in Norsk Fiskeindustri Invest AS. Husøy Industri Invest AS owns the remaining 49% of the shares. The latter is a company with multiple shareholders and consists mainly of large fishing companies with ample quotas, as well as local maritime industries on the island of Karmøy.

Karmsund Protein AS bases its production on pelagic raw materials such as Blue Whiting, Sand Lance, Norway Pout, Capelin and North Sea Herring.
The production capacity is approximately 1.250 tonnes of raw materials per day.

Karmsund Protein AS employs approximately 24 members of staff.
Karmsund Protein AS is the newest, most modern and energy efficient fish meal and fish oil plant in the world!

Our clients